My client is looking for a strong, independent, driven and committed candidate to join the Consolidation and Statutory Reporting team. Due to the extensive growth of the organisation over the past few years, their team has opened the position of Senior Reporting Specialist.
Headquartered in The Netherlands, our client is a leading international producer of natural gas-based fertilisers and industrial chemicals, including nitrogen fertilisers, methanol and other products used by agricultural and industrial customers with production facilities in The Netherlands, The United States and the MENA region. The company is publicly traded on the NYSE Euronext in Amsterdam, with 54% of the shares privately owned. Our client is comprised of eight fully owned and other partly-owned subsidiaries, split into two divisions of Fertiliser and Industrial Chemicals. In the Fertiliser division, the organisation's Nitrogen division is Europe's second largest integrated nitrates fertiliser producer and the world's largest melamine producer, manufacturing over 2 million metric tons of sell able fertiliser products per annum.
In the Industrial Chemicals Division, fully acquired in 2015, is one of Europe's largest methanol producers owning two methanol plants. Furthermore, their newly acquired plant, a greenfield world-scale methanol production complex in Texas is anticipated to be one of the world's most significant methanol production facilities. Since 2018 the company showed a significant growth in revenues and profitability following the new facilities becoming operational, the organisation is expected to continue this strong growth in 2020 and is continuously looking for new growth opportunities.
- You will be a key member of the Finance team working to streamline and shorten the close and reporting cycle; roll-out and execute the monthly consolidation process for the financial reporting of all the different components of the organisation.
- A key contributor to the monthly and quarterly closing and consolidation process. Identifies ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of consolidation and external financial reporting and lead process improvement initiatives (i.e. fast closing initiatives).
- Consolidation of the worldwide financial statements and other operating data for actual, budget, and forecast purposes.
- Analyse monthly business unit financial statements and other related correspondence included in consolidated financial data.
- Work closely with components, Legal, Treasury, Tax, and Financial Reporting and Planning functions to ensure the quality, accuracy and consistency of the financial data reported in the general ledger and consolidation system.
- Coordinate and prepare the financial and statistical data utilised in the Annual Report, quarterly financial statements, and monthly management information.
- Work effectively across the company's functional organisations. Promote effective lateral communication and coordination across groups, both internal and external to the Finance function, to improve efficiency and achieve desired results.
- Assist in the annual audit of the consolidated financial information with the external auditors.
- Involved in the periodical balance sheet review at Components
- Research and resolve various accounting issues and questions that arise at the corporate and group levels.
- Conduct financial studies and analyses as requested by management and further improve the quality of information collected in the month-end closing process.
- Perform other duties as required.
Bachelors' Degree in Accounting or Finance required. CPA or Master Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of related work experience.
- Expert current knowledge of IFRS accounting and Dutch regulatory requirements.
- Strong business analysis, financial planning and reporting skills with ability to generate business insights that add measurable value. Knowledge of current trends in finance and functional best-practices related to position responsibilities.
- Excellent workload prioritization, resource management, and project management skills. Develops and manages processes that are effective and efficient.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an international matrix environment, and capable of gaining commitment and coordinated action for initiatives. Maintain effective working relationships across the company, at divisional, functional, and corporate levels
- Proven adaptive capability and demonstrated familiarity with organizational change.
- Operates at the highest standards of business ethics, honesty, and personal integrity.
- Experience with consolidated financial systems (Hyperion preferred), both internal and external financial reporting and consolidated financial analysis.
- Excellent verbal, written, computer, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent command of the English language
Performance and personal competencies
- Proven ability to manage processes
- Strong communication and presentation skills (English, Dutch is pre).
- Relationship building; ability to identify, initiate and maintain relationships
Executing for results
- Works at a high pace, while delivering quality work.
- Must be a self-starter, work independently and drive delivery focus.
- High attention to detail