Senior IT Support Manager
My client is a global Insurer who are disrupting the market through its innovative use of technology. They are in the midst of a digital transformation with massive investments into cutting edge technologies and are looking for a hands-on manager that can play a key role in helping to turn the vision into a reality.
As the Senior IT Support Manager you will be responsible for the design, development, implementation, and management of desktop support solutions and processes in support of the Information Technology services with a strong focus on automation and cloud technologies.
- Oversee the development and progress of all desktop technicians within each tier of Desktop Support ensuring appropriate client communication, incident documentation, proper escalation processes, incident prioritization and SLA attainment.
- Bring automation within IT using scripting techniques, adoption of the latest technology to continue to remove manual processes in IT
- Implement a data driven approach to support, using metrics to measure and optimize support activities.
- Provide transparency of IT support issues to other senior managers and business leaders
- Ensure End-user IT products and services are delivered on time and within budget.
- Implement a comprehensive training and mentor program for the members of the IT services team.
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure & Networking and the Cloud & Automation teams to deliver a secure, reliable and repeatable IT user experience to our users.
- Filtering and resolving escalated issues within the Desktop Support; act as main point of contact for personnel to resolve issues beyond their skill set, knowledge, etc.
- Design, develop and implement user training offerings based on support data.
- Communicate day-to-day activities and challenges to Management
- Engage internal teams and 3rd party vendors to resolve computer and/or application performance issues
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise and Training to Internal/External Departments including the Service Desk and other support focused teams
- Stay current with industry changes in hardware, software, and security
- Mentor/develop/motivate staff with ongoing evaluation of direct staff for required skills and experience.
- Be a thought leader in adopting the latest technology and support techniques
- Proven Experience in transforming traditional IT support teams leveraging the Microsoft Cloud Stack to provide an automated self-service platform. Experience with Azure Automate, Intune Autopilot and Azure Security Centre is beneficial.
- Experience in managing teams leveraging Agile methodology using Azure DevOps or similar platforms.
- Demonstrable experience managing a successful Global remote IT Desktop Support team
- Demonstrated success in establishing and implementing support processes and standards
- Good working knowledge of PowerShell scripting.
- Experience supporting Desktop Operating Systems including Microsoft Windows and Apple OSx
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills with proven experience in collaborating with peers, leaders, employees and vendors (on-site and remote)
- Experience with Budget development
Please apply now if you are interested in being considered for this position.