My client is looking for a strong candidate to join the Financial Accounting team which is highly involved in all accounting & reporting processes and is primarily responsible for correctness and completeness of financial data, (external) financial accounting and - reporting. Due to increasing activities in order to meet the strategic goals and plans, the Financial Accounting team opens a position for a:
The Senior Finance Specialist is part of the Financial Accounting & Reporting (FA) team and reports directly to the manager Financial Accounting & Reporting. The team consists of people focused on the periodic accounting and reporting responsibilities of the Investment Management club and the investment funds under its management and people that are more involved in projects and focused on the change of the financial processes as well as the coordination of the annual reports. The position of Senior Finance Specialist relates to the latter.
The position covers a wide range of tasks and responsibilities. Your primary focus will be on the (audit) coordination of the (semi-)annual reports of multiple investment funds and the Investment Management club, the accounting interpretation of new legislation, statutory and supervisory reporting, various financial projects related to efficiency and quality improvement and being responsible for the internal (ISAE) controls and up-to-date process descriptions of and within the financial accounting & reporting department.
In this position you will get the opportunity to be active in one of the front runner asset managers in sustainable investments. Impact investing in public market requires thorough analysis, vision and dedication. Working with this company means that u will be one of those financial specialists who wants to use and enrich her or his personal skills continuously.
Your responsibilities are amongst others:
- Coordinate the (semi-)annual reporting process in which you need to manage and liaise with various stakeholders, internally (e.g. fund accountants, product managers, fund managers) and externally (e.g. external auditor);
- You need to have an in-depth understanding of the applicable law- and regulations and reporting requirements (Dutch GAAP (RJ), IFRS, Lux GAAP) and being able to translate them into implications for the organization in general and the annual reports specifically (e.g. preparation of dummy (semi-)annual reports);
- You will coordinate the internal and external audits. The internal audits conducted by the 3rd line of defense and the external audits conducted by related parties or by the external accountant in cases other than the (semi-)annual reports;
- You will play a key role in financial projects in which the accounting & reporting department attributes;
- You will be responsible and coordinate the adequate performance of the key controls of the department within the internal control framework (ISAE 3402), including providing support to the fund accountants, liaise with 2nd line of defense in enhancing the current internal control framework and keep the process and control descriptions of the department up-to-date and in line with current practice;
- Provide recommendations to the team regarding the accounting treatment of specific subjects or new (reporting) requirements and draft position papers for higher management and the external auditor;
- Being able to effectively communicate on all levels within the organization; * Provide added value by solicited and unsolicited recommendations to the manager of the department and higher management.
The position requires:
- Master's degree in accounting / finance, supplemented with a relevant post graduate certificate or almost graduated (RA/RC/CPA/CMA);
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a similar role or a financial controller/auditor role within an investment management organization or financial services - Big 4 experience is a big advantage;
- Good understanding of Dutch GAAP (RJ) and IFRS - understanding of Lux GAAP is an added advantage;
- Understanding of internal control frameworks and knowledge how to assess the effectiveness of internal control over financial reporting and accounting;
- Good command of English and Dutch, both written and oral;
- An ownership attitude, problem solving, and critical thinking skills are essential;
- Result oriented mindset and have a drive for quality.