As Senior Auditor you have the responsibility for leading audit activities related to Actuarial & Risk Management. You will be constantly challenged to learn new areas, to assess the effectiveness of the relevant processes, and to come up with workable solutions to any problems you may identify. Unlike most other jobs, you will get the opportunity to interact with many people throughout the Group on a daily basis, including senior executives, and travel to different locations.
Education and experience:
- Expert knowledge of Property & Casualty (P&C) reserving processes and a good understanding of actuarial processes such as model development, experience analysis, rate making.
- Strong knowledge of risk management framework for Reinsurance and insurance business.
- Strong knowledge of the P&C Re/Insurance industry in the US and a good overview of the global P&C industry.
- Good knowledge of USGAAP, Stat and IFRS.
- 6+ years of work experience in audit, another assurance function or in a professional capacity in an actuarial function.
- Qualified actuary (preferred)
- University degree (preferred)
- Critical thinker that sees the "big picture" (e.g. overall themes, trends, goals), generates innovative ideas and solutions to problems and makes recommendations in the face of complexity, conflicting pressures and ambiguous circumstances.
- Result oriented, able to plan well, willing to coach and work in the field and able to deliver results in time
- Professional communicator, able to gain and maintain a trusted relationship while delivering difficult messages
- Structured analyst, capable to adopt and use data-driven auditing including data analytics to assess risks, scope audits and test controls
- Team worker, able to listen to others but also influence in order to see the wider picture and achieve a vision