Senior 3rd Line Infrastructure Network Engineer - Mansfield
Brand new role to join an established business with sites across the UK. Joining the team in Mansfield, you will be part of a team of approx 20, and will be the most Senior Engineer on site in this office. The business has a range of projects underway which makes this role suitable for an experienced 3rd Line Engineer who likes to get involved in project work as well as BAU tasks. The business offers a flexible working environment. Based just off the M1 the offices are easily accessible and offer free on site parking.
- Planning, Designing, Installing, configuring, maintaining, and optimising server hardware/software, diagnosing, resolving, and concisely documenting hardware and software installations and changes, along with reporting and reacting to server and storage issues in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Provide advanced infrastructure device setup, administration, configurations, and automated implementations. Help support data centre network infrastructures for optimal functionality, security and management.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems as required and serve as one of the highest levels of escalation for infrastructure issues.
- Owning the 3rd party supplier access process, ensuring that all 3rd party access is monitored by automated systems, that logs created are reviewed and action taken against any 3rd parties attempting to perform unauthorised changes to infrastructure
- Work with the Infrastructure Manager and the wider IT Team to deliver business critical projects and to maintain high levels of service across the company
- Responsible for all Infrastructure, Server, Storage and Active Directory infrastructure including virtualised server estate.
- Conducting thorough assessments of the business infrastructure, server and storage infrastructure, suggesting mitigation strategies and work alongside the network and security team to suggest re-designs of the infrastructure, if needed.
- Assisting the IT security engineer with the monthly testing and remediation of server and storage devices.
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of specific technical specialism's (Windows/VMware Servers, Storage, OS + Active Directory/Exchange) and provide expert advice regarding their application
- Monitoring storage activity and resource usage with a remit to optimise storage performance along with planning and forecasting for resource needs in line with Capacity Management processes.
- Responsible for creating and owning the company's backup strategy, ensuring that all servers and data are backed up in line with business and contractual requirements (i.e. encrypted where necessary), performing routine test restores to validate backup procedures.
- Demonstrable ISO:27001 environment experience
- Active Directory domain migration experience
- AD split of domains / forests & AD Trusts
- Demonstrable Microsoft Azure Experience
- VMWare 6 (and newer)
- VMware Horizon experience - Gold Images, machine deployments and pools.
- Windows Server 2003 - 2018
- Windows XP - 10
- Networking (VLANs, Subnets, DMZs & MPLS)
- Windows file servers, DFS & AD Domain controller creation & retirements
- Exchange 2013 - 365
- Office 365
- SMTP, DNS, Group policies
- SFTP, VPNs, IPsec tunnels
- Cisco CallManager Telephone System
- Networking - TCPIP, DNS, Network Layers & understanding of networking devices
- Cisco Switching/Routing
- CCNA, CCNP, CCNS Desirable
For further details or a conversation regarding the role and business please apply.