In Asia, this role serves as risk management oversight and risk relevant technical service for companies with Non-Life Insurance portfolios. The role holder will analyze and monitor portfolio risks and exposures, review new products, underwriting guidelines and limits, assess reserving, pricing and catastrophe risks and support business decisions on reinsurance and products.
Role reaches entities across 6 geographical locations in Asia and will have regular interaction with the Regional Chief Risk Officer and with the Group Non-Life Risk Management Team.
The role holder is expected to obtain a deep understanding of all aspects of the Non-Life businesses in Asia and be able to identify key risk drivers to their strategic plans. The value add in this role comes from being able to make risk related insights for the commercial objectives of the local business units.
- Define and build-out the Regional Risk Management Framework for Non-Life Business in the region. Working closely with local, regional and group risk and actuarial teams
- Identify risk profile of non-life businesses and define metrics to monitor and measure these risks
- Develop a risk culture within the local business units by guiding local risk team
- Develop a clear understanding of the commercial, economic and regulatory environments in which Non-Life business operates along with the challenges and risks that this brings
- Provide management with forward looking insights on the risk accumulations in Non-Life business and potential consequences of taking these positions
The role holder will be strong in actuarial/analytical skills, but will also be able to move away from the pure technical details and have a broader view of what really matters for the Non-Life Insurance Business. Rather than focusing on risk reporting the role holder is expected to partner with the local businesses to make meaningful forward looking insights.
Focusing on Non-Life insurance business, the role will contribute to defining and rolling the Regional Risk Management Framework. The role holder will need to be a self-starter comfortable working in an ambiguous environment, often with little or no guidance.
Candidate is expected to be able to be a clear communicator and be able to directly liaise with CROs, CFOs and Chief Actuaries.
- At least 8+ years of experience in P&C product development, pricing, underwriting and/or reserving roles
- Strong knowledge of P&C insurance product pricing and reserving methodologies/modelling
- Have knowledge of the overall risk management space
- Ability to work independently without guidance and take ownership for own workload
- Strong communication, problem-solving and consensus-building skills and a high degree of personal initiative and integrity
- Understanding of drivers of balance sheet and P&L of insurance products
- The ability to challenge status quo and to influence change
- Strong foundation in actuarial practices and risk management
- Understanding of Solvency II and RBC frameworks is advantageous
- CERA certified and/or Fellowship is a strong plus