My client is looking for a Finance Controls Lead to ensure effective controls are in place on an ongoing basis for all the financial reporting by ZIP, in order to provide assurance on the compliance of the reporting with relevant regulation and accounting standards, including Solvency II requirements.
The scope includes the relevant controls operating at ZIP Head Office, operating in ZIP Branches and operating in other parts of the company group.
Excellent opportunity to join a high-performing team with an Industry - leading Insurance company.
Solvency II, IFRS & IRISH GAAP reporting
- Maintain a regular scoping of the required controls, in agreement with key stakeholders
- Monitoring the operation of financial control frameworks in all relevant locations, including cooperation with the Group controls teams on timetables and other topics
- Following up on action plans in place to address control weaknesses, to completion
- Implementing a regular cycle of reviewing the controls to ensure ongoing fit for purpose, considering evolution in the business and related requirements e.g. IFRS17
- Ensuring the compliance with the Data Policy, including the ongoing maintenance of the Data Directory
Operational controls for the Finance function
- Assessing the relevant operational controls operating in ZIP HO and its branches and supporting the implementation of any improvements with the functions, including an ongoing review cycle
- Representing the company in relevant Group projects relating to relevant operational controls, ensuring that proposed changes to frameworks are appropriate to implement for ZIP
- Coordinating interactions with regulator on relevant operational control topics
- Coordinating interactions with Internal Audit on relevant operational control topics