About our client
Our client, through its subsidiaries, is a specialist in the P&C insurance market focusing heavily in Worker's Compensation insurance. After year on year growth through M&A activity and word of mouth, the business is looking to hire its next Finance Leader that will help the business reach new potential.
The position will oversee all accounting, accounting policy, budgeting and financial reporting of this rapidly growing P&C insurer. Additionally, will maintain, implement, and execute procedures, controls, company guidelines, and regulatory requirements for the firm.
In addition, the CFO will sit on the board of directors on a quarterly basis and work with the CEO to implement a growth strategy for the future.
- Responsible for NAIC and Statutory reporting inclusive of understanding all applicable accounting policies
- Responsible for the 5 year plan under NAIC and Statutory reporting
- Plan, develop, organise, implement, direct and evaluate the organisation's fiscal function and performance.
- Participate in the development of the corporation's long-term plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Ensure all functions and programs under charge are performed within established budgetary parameters, to include performing cost control activities, monitoring revenues and expenditures, and ensuring sound fiscal control.
- Prepare critical fiscal documentation regarding accounting activities (e.g., weekly, monthly and annual reports, draft and revised codes and ordinances).
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends to assist the CEO/President, the Board and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organisation by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Establish credibility throughout the organisation and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Continually improve the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organisation;
- Optimise the investment portfolio while maintaining compliance with investment policy and handle bank relationships to enhance investment returns.
- Develop reliable cash flow projections and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Review potential M&A opportunities.
- Seek and work with investors for capital infusion.
Key Position Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, plus an internationally recognised professional accounting qualification (e.g. CPA, CA, C.M.A, etc.) supplemented by a minimum of 10 to 15+ years progressively responsible experience in a senior applicable insurance positions
- Current knowledge of P&C insurance businesses, specifically worker's compensation experience.
- Ability to recruit, train, develop and motivate members of the financial team
- Experience in M&A transactions inclusive of financial integration into the close process
- Ability to effectively supervise large finance teams
- Ability to access, operate and maintain various software applications
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with other employees
- Ability to travel frequently and on short notice
Please apply using the prompts provided or alternatively please contact Chris Dodds directly at Chris.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to the number of applications only suitable candidates who meet the above position requirements will be contacted.